a writer's block party

because sometimes I just can't turn the words off in my head...even if the words aren't for the next great american novel.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Modern Love

Modern. Love. Modern love. Have you ever wondered what is modern love? Hmm. Modern love.

I guess for my hometown newspaper, The Virginian Pilot, Modern Love would be...me.

ME!

I am thrilled to write that I was published in the Virginian Pilot last weekend. (God, remember, when it was called the Virginian Pilot-Ledger Star? And CVS as People's Drug Store...and Arlo was still on the radio? Oh. He still is on the radio. Humpf. Some things never change.) This isn't the first time, I have been published in the Pilot (nor will it be the last, I hope...), but still, it's so very cool seeing your name in print.

So. I was published last weekend in a column called "Modern Love". Yes, stupid title, cool columns. Usually the Pilot uses New York Times writers for this column, but now they want to try and local voice. (Me? Me? Me?). And the best part? There was a TEASER on the front page about my article. Yippee. On the front page. Yippee again.

Anyway, please allow me to brag. C'mon, indulge me a little. Just a little? So here I am, Modern Love, in black and white, with an older piece I wrote about 2 years ago, "Dancing at the DMV'. Damn. I loved this piece. It was so...hopeful.

And the no, I had nothing to do with the illustrations...


http://epilot2.hamptonroads.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=VirginianPilot&BaseHref=VirginianPilot/2007/01/20&EntityId=Ar04001&ViewMode=GIF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home